Roofing Safety & Standards
Our Strict Safety Standards
In order to reduce, and hopefully eliminate workplace injuries and illnesses, Model City Roofing has implemented a safety program for injury and illness prevention. We hold all employees responsible to work together, with this program, to ensure that a safe and healthful workplace is established and maintained for the benefit of everyone. Benefits from the proper implementation and utilization of this program include the following:
- A work eModel City Roofing can provide safety gear and other roofing suppliesnvironment that is, to the best extent possible, free from occupational safety and health hazards.
- Reduction or elimination of costs associated with occupational injuries and illnesses. Some of these associated costs are: downtime, damaged goods and equipment, worker’s compensation costs, hiring and training replacement workers, and losses in productivity and quality.
- Lowering of insurance rates for both company buildings and worker’s compensation.
The achievement of a safe and healthful workplace is not an easy task nor is it one that is to be taken lightly. The smallest lapses or shortcuts in safe work practices and procedures put everyone on the job site at risk of injury or illness.
- Commitment –Model City Roofing annually invests an average amount equal to 6% of gross profits in its Safety program.
- Training – Quarterly employee training seminars are conducted at our Jacksonville Beach office by our Safety Director.
- Control –Model City Roofing staff Safety Director is a certified safety professional who conducts pre-work site safety audits, performs random project safety inspections, conducts training classes in-house and helps drive the company’s overall safety program.
- Enforcement – As part of our ongoing safety program, random drug testing is conducted on all Model City Roofing employees; Pre-hire testing is also utilized in most cases.Model City Roofing offers safety incentives and exercises disciplinary procedures as part of the program.